Sangria’s not just for summer! This Honeycrisp Apple Sangria Recipe would be perfect for a fall happy hour with your girlfriends — or just you and the hubs. I love how so many of my favorite fall flavors — cinnamon, cloves, ginger and apples — are combined in this cocktail. Cheers!
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- 1 750-milliliter bottle un-oaked Chardonnay
- ½ cup peach schnapps
- ¼ cup orange blossom honey
- 2 oranges, 1 quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Club soda
- Peel, core and chop one of the apples.
- In a bowl, combine the Chardonnay, schnapps and honey. Add the quartered orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, chopped apple, ginger and cloves and refrigerate overnight. (If you don’t want to wait that long at least give it 4 hours).
- Strain the sangria into a pitcher.
- Peel, core and finely chop the remaining apple.
- Peel, section and chop the remaining orange.
- Mix the apple and orange in a bowl.
- On a small plate, blend the sugar and cinnamon.
- Moisten the rims of wine glasses and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour in the sangria until three-quarters full.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a spoonful of the chopped apple and orange.
Recipe courtesy of Pam Beattie, a working mom of three who crafts timeless pieces that unite a blend of shabby chic, French, boho, eco-friendly and refined glamour in her hand-crafted, family heirloom preservation company, Venetian Décor.