– Wake me up when Election Day ends. If you’re as sick of the presidential blah-blah as I am, perhaps you’d enjoy staging your own little debate–with Obama, Clinton, and McCain finger puppets. This site will help you do it. (Thanks to Michelle for the tip. She and I used to make funny popsicle-stick puppets at work, back when we were young and carefree.)
– Did you ever know that you’re my hero? If there’s a caregiver, nanny, or babysitter in your life who inspires you to burst into this terrible Bette Midler song, you should nominate her (your caregiver, not Bette) for this Care.com contest. She (or he) could win $500 and be featured in a national TV commercial. Even if she doesn’t win, at least you can send her a nice thank-you note with your nomination essay included.
– Take a walk and help the kids. Walk Now for Autism is coming to the Cincinnati Zoo on May 3. This local event is part of a national campaign to raise funds for research and spread awareness of autism, which affects 1 million Americans. If you’re in the Nati, bring the fam to the Zoo and be part of the solution. Or just fund one of Cassie’s favorite babysitters, Jesy, as she walks on behalf of her two cousins with autism.
– LATE-BREAKING FIND: Got a homeless problem? Get a BumBot. Problem solved. Thanks to the hubs for this find. (Since Tela uncharacteristically didn’t have a funny YouTube video to share this week, I figured I’d better throw this one in, last-minute like.)
– Are your friends LOST? It’s so hard to explain the show Lost to people who don’t watch Lost. Well, fellow Lost fan and friend, Kristen, discovered Abc.com has everything you’ll need to know about Lost in under 4 minutes and 24 seconds. Listen closely. The narrator talks fast!
– P.S. Have you seen Josh Holloway (aka Sawyer) in the new Cool Water ads? Happy Friday!