Guest Post Guidelines
We love sharing expert advice, and we often feature guest posts by specialists in child development, career, parenting, work/life balance, women’s issues, and other topics of interest to working moms.
Guest post examples we love
Want to see what we’re looking for? Here are some of our favorite articles contributed by guest writers to WMAG:
- 7 Smart Tips to Organize Your Office by Jennifer Lutz
- One and Done: For Parents of an Only Child by Nancy Arnold
- Creating a Montessori Environment at Home by Elizabeth Bayfield
- 5 Sleep Tips for Moms Heading Back To Work by Nicole Johnson
We also love partnering with other bloggers, so sometimes you’ll see us sharing content. We’re pretty choosy, though. If you’ve got a great post that you think is of interest to our readers, email us the link. But don’t take it personally if we decide not to re-post or feature it. We do keep everything in mind. If we like what you had to say, we might link to it later in a post of our own.
Guidelines for writing a WMAG guest post
- Above all, we want a well-written and high-quality original article.
- Include a brief author bio with a maximum of 1 text link to your own website.
- Please don’t pitch an article that’s obviously intended as a link-building scheme.
- Properly cite any data, quotes, or other third-party content referenced in the article.
- Write a minimum of 500 words.
- Submit the post content in a Google or Word document.
- Send us the author’s headshot with any other image files to go with your article.
- Avoid being self-promotional in the body of your post.
- You may not republish your guest post to your own blog afterward.
- We may edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We may include calls-to-action to WMAG content.
If you’re an expert and feel you have something to offer our readers, please fill out this brief form for consideration.
FALL 2016 CALENDAR
Get our FREE interactive, printable monthly calendar to keep your family organized this fall.