Post By RelatedRelated Post
With everything my family has going on, it’s hard to keep track of who’s doing what, where, and when.
That’s why I started making a printable editable monthly calendar, posting it prominently in our “mission control” center in the kitchen. This simple one-page family calendar serves as a central hub where we can all see what’s coming up at a glance.
It’s been so helpful that I wanted to create a version other moms can use to tame their own calendar chaos.
This interactive version allows you to:
- Type your own events right into the PDF
- Save and update your printable editable monthly calendar
- Print and post your customized calendar
Download our free PDF and start creating your family’s monthly calendars for the new year:
Printable editable monthly calendar: Do’s and don’ts
- I don’t include every event for each family member on this calendar.
- I do add items that affect the kids (who don’t yet have their own personal calendars), such as dentist appointments, guitar lessons, special school events, etc.
- As for my husband and me, I leave out work meetings and our personal appointments that occur during school hours. We have our own calendar apps for those.
- I do show things like when Dad’s out of town for a work trip or Mom has a coffee with her friends on a Sunday afternoon.
- I try to update and print the month’s calendar on the 1st day of each month.
- When major things change (events get added or cancelled) during the month, I occasionally will update the PDF and print a new copy. Or I might just write in and cross out by hand.
- I purposely left the calendar pretty basic, so you can add any holidays or birthdays that matter to your family.
- Feel free to have your kids help decorate the calendar with stickers, pictures, etc. if you want.
Get our FREE interactive, printable monthly calendar to keep your family organized this year.