We’re moms. We work all day, bring home the bacon, and fry it up in a pan. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re raising young children, along with our spouses/partners. As any working mom knows, we often battle the big “G.” Guilt creeps up on us when we least expect it. Join us in our ongoing quest for less guilt and more joy.
What is Working Moms Against Guilt?
What’s the inspiration behind it?
After returning to work from maternity leave, we found the transition to working motherhood to be pretty overwhelming. Our saving grace? Being able to share experiences and get support from coworkers who also had young kids. Four of us happened to be writers at an advertising agency in Cincinnati, so we figured why not turn our daily watercooler chats into a blog? Maybe it would spark a bigger conversation about what being a working mom is really like — and how it could be better.
Who’s behind WMAG?
- ABC World News (Working Parents and Blackberry Addiction)
- Albany Times Union (Work to lose mommy guilt)
- Breadwinning Mama (Her Juggle: Susan Wenner Jackson)
- Care.com (Get Rid of the Mom Guilt; 4 Ways for Babysitters to Stand Out When Interviewing)
- CareerDiva (Women, Work, War: A Guide to Toppling “The Company Man” Model)
- Cincinnati Enquirer (Parents struggle to juggle sick kids, jobs)
- Cincy Chic (Working Moms Against Guilt)
- CloudMom (12 Things New Moms Going Back To Work Need to Know)
- CNN (Survey: Working moms are busy, but happy)
- CNN Radio (Is guilt holding back working moms?)
- Future of Business and Tech (How to Create a Functional Home Office)
- The Glass Hammer (Five Ways Working Moms Can Own the Juggle)
- The Globe and Mail (For working moms, job takes back seat to baby after maternity leave)
- The Miami Herald
- Mom It Forward (Balancing Life 101 Part 1)
- Mommy Tracked (Never Let Them See You Sweat)
- NBC News (Working moms redefining success)
- The New York Times (Fewer Gifts and Frills Are Expected in a Rough Economy)
- NPR (How Long Moms Work Linked To Slight Increase In Kids’ Weight)
- Omaha World-Herald (The challenges maternity leave presents working moms)
- Parenting (Kiss Mommy Guilt Goodbye)
- Parents.com (10 Ways Moms Can Balance Work and Family)
- Real Simple
- San Francisco Chronicle/San Francisco Gate (Are working moms to blame for the obesity epidemic?)
- SheKnows (4 Stress-less tips for working moms)
- Today.com (?5 Ways Working Moms Can Enjoy Summer Family Fun)
- The Wall Street Journal (We Apologize for the Delay: Juggling Flight Problems and Family Time)
- WhatToExpect.com (Advice for Dealing With New Mom Guilt From an Old Pro)
- The Work at Home Woman (Interview with Susan Wenner Jackson – Co-founder of Working Moms Against Guilt)
- Working Motherhood (Susan Wenner Jackson – Maximizing your strengths)