You could make this avocado salsa recipe for a party, a weeknight at home, or just for you while you binge-watch a Netflix series at night.
Avocado salsa: Ingredients
- 1 package frozen corn (16 oz.), thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 oz. each) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 medium avocados, ripe
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
–Recipe courtesy of Pam Beattie, owner of Venetian Décor
5 more recipes for salsa lovers
- 5 Minute Salsa: Amy shares the recipe that converted all her family and friends to making it and never buying store bought salsa again!
- Cheesy Black Bean Salsa Dip: Insanely simple, incredibly delicious, and perfect for football season.
- “Idiot Proof” Salsa: Susan shares a family recipe for homemade salsa on Fit Bottomed Eats.
- Pico de Gallo: This authentic Mexican salsa on SparkRecipes is the real deal! So fresh and flavorful.
- Summertime Salsa: Sara says salsa is the easiest thing to make, it’s good for you, it makes your house smell awesome while you’re making it, and you often end up with lots left over.