Homemade baked chicken tenders are a go to in my house! This version of the frozen, pre-breaded tenders has a total of seven ingredients. Huge Mom win for time, money, and health! A national brand (not naming any names) similar to this recipe has 32 ingredients!! Boo!
This baked chicken tenders recipe is quite versatile, too! I love to a nice, clean meal for dinner. My son, on the other hand, isn’t always interested in chicken fingers and a big salad. For him, I will throw together a quick kid-friendly, healthy Chicken Parm oven pizza (baked chicken fingers, marinara, small flatbread, and cheese) or make another one of his favorites…macaroni and cheese! You can find that recipe HERE. I will make the macaroni and cheese on a Sunday and the baked chicken tenders on Monday. Either way, this is one of our favorite dishes.
- 1 package chicken tenderloins (about 1lb or 1lb of chicken chopped to desired size)
- 2/3 cup baking mix (See link for homemade version!)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 T butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine baking mix, cheese, garlic salt, and paprika in a 1-gallon food storage bag.
- Beat egg in a bowl. Add chicken tenders and coat.
- Put tenders in the bag, 3 at one time, and shake to coat with mix.
- Place coated tenders on the cookie sheet. Repeat.
- slowly drizzle melted butter over chicken.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes then flip chicken with a spatula.
- Bake for an addition 7 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Makes 3-4 servings
Like this recipe? Pin it!
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286