Forget about balancing work and family. How about balancing the blog with work and family!?!
These last few weeks have been hell… busy at work and busy at home. By the time I can catch my breath the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer to write a post. If it wasn’t for the joining forces of the WMAG team, I don’t know how I’d maintain a blog all by myself.
It’s amazing how many mommy bloggers are out there—and the fact, that they can update a blog so frequently. (Even if it’s at least once a week!) Plus, find time to comment on other mom’s blogs. And then there’s the amount of mamas chatting on a variety of social networks.
It makes me wonder… how do all of you mommy bloggers and networkers do it? How do you keep up with the cyber world while juggling so many other things? Have you dropped other hobbies? Given up sleep? Traded your in-the-flesh friends for cyber friends?
So, I’m having a love/hate relationship with blogging right now. Don’t get me wrong—I do enjoy it. I have fun contributing to WMAG and visiting other blogs. I’ve just had to put blogging at the end of my priority list lately. Hang in there with me. Hopefully, you’ll hear from me again real soon—and more often.
More work-life balance inspiration
- Busy as a Bee … and Not a Blogging Bee: Your child comes first. Everything else comes second. And that’s OK, but it doesn’t leave much time for blogging.
- Work-at-Home Mom: Is This Myth Totally Busted?: Working at home while being a parent has its challenges and rewards. With some helpful tips, every woman can become a successful work-at-home mom.
- 8 Essential Tips Every Mom Needs for Work-Life Balance: Can’t escape the endless cycle of no sleep and lots of stress? There’s a way to get out of this mess and attain work-life balance. Follow these eight tips.
- JK is the Exception, I Am the Rule: A dose of truth serum from our resident published novelist on the process of writing and getting your work published.
- Working on the Weekend: It’s Sunday afternoon. And instead of grocery shopping, doing laundry, cleaning, or taking care of a billion other things you need to accomplish in a weekend’s time, you’re working.
- Why the Heck Do I Blog?: Susan was tagged by a blogging friend to offer up five reasons why she blogs. Here’s how she responded.
- 10 Ways to Find Balance for Work at Home Moms: How do work at home moms strike the balance between work and family? Follow this sage advice from an experienced mom of 5 who pulls it off every day.
- Is Work-Life Balance an Illusion?: Striving for work-life balance is an illusion as long we see it as an absolute target rather than a direction…
- Maintaining a Sense of Work-Life Balance: Atlanta-based certified career coach Hallie Crawford shares tips for working moms who want a better work-life balance between career and family.