Looking to serve something light on a hot summer night? Try this summery Broiled Tuna and Raspberry Salad with your favorite fresh lettuce mix and a fresh-caught tuna steak, drizzled with homemade dressing. Bonus: This one is super easy to whip up, even for you non-cooks out there.
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 thick-sliced tuna steak (about 6 – 8 oz.)
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup torn mixed baby lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Combine salad dressing, vinegar and Cajun seasoning.
- Pour 1/4 cup salad dressing mixture into reseal able plastic food storage bag to use as marinade, reserve remaining dressing mixture.
- Add tuna to marinade.
- Seal bag, turn to coat tuna.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray rack of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place tuna on rack.
- Broil tuna 4 inches from heat 5 minutes.
- Turn tuna and brush with marinade, discard remaining marinade.
- Broil 5 minutes or until tuna flakes in center when tested with fork.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Toss lettuce together in large bowl, divide evenly between 2 serving plates.
- Top with tuna and raspberries, drizzle with reserved salad dressing mixture.