I know the school year is about over. But if you’re still scratching your head for teacher gifts, maybe I can lend some inspiration. These two projects don’t require a lot of time—or a lot money.
The first idea is a monogrammed tote bag that I found on MarthaStewart.com. I made this as a Christmas gift. It was pretty easy to make and didn’t involve any sewing. The letter was cut out of fabric and it was ironed on with fusible webbing. All the supplies were inexpensive, too. The red tote bag was about $6 from Hobby Lobby. The fabric for the “J” I found in a scrap bin for 50 cents. And I used iron-on letters for the “Miss,” which was around $4 for a pack. Get directions to make the “Handy Bag” here.
Another gift idea is handmade note cards. We just made these last week as a thank you gift for his teacher. The project was done in one night. I had my son create his own little works of art on plain white cards using paint. Luckily, I had all the supplies at home, so this didn’t cost me anything. But, you could find inexpensive note cards at any craft store.
After the painting was finished we let them dry overnight. The next morning he signed his initials in the corner. An artist always signs his work!
More ideas for teacher gifts
- Choosing Holiday Gifts Teachers Will Really Love: Want to give your child’s teacher a gift she’ll really appreciate? These teacher gift ideas are the perfect way to make every educator’s holidays merrier.
- Purse Perfector®. Made in America, the unique design of this purse organizer allows for simplified organization with no more digging at the bottom of a purse for keys or lipstick. Perfect to help teachers stay organized as they go!
- 24 Awesomely Thoughtful Gifts For Teachers: A little appreciation goes a long way.
- Personal Design Necklaces: Handmade, personalized jewelry designs that are super reasonably priced. You can choose the style, name, chain length and size for any item.
- Gift cards: They might seem impersonal, but remember that teachers don’t get paid nearly what they’re worth—so a gift card allows them to treat themselves to something extra. Amazon, Target, Starbucks, and Nordstrom are just a few gift card ideas to consider.