I don’t know how I would survive without my crock pot sometimes, he is like my second husband. He makes great food and always needs a good cleaning after a days work!
Seriously though, a crock pot can make a working mom’s life so much better. Your dinner is quite literally cooking while you work! Let it work for you, Mamma!
I’ve tried several different methodologies in saving time when it comes to preparing meals after a days work. Freezer cooking, while a great concept, has never really stuck for me. Instead, I tend to default to a few great recipes that everyone in the family loves.
The night before I take a few minutes to prep the meal and throw it in the crock pot. Here are a few of my favorite crock pot meals.
- 1.5-3lbs of Beef Chuck Roast
- Potatoes (any kind you like)
- 1 medium size white onion
- Frozen corn
- 1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- Place thawed beef at the bottom of the crock pot
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, mushrooms and frozen corn (as well as any other veggies you’d like) until the crock pot is almost full
- Pour the can of cream of mushroom soup on top
- Put the onion mix on top of everything
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet Italian seasoning
- 1 jar sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounces of cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef and season with Italian seasoning
- Grease crock pot
- Break 3 lasagna noodles in half and place at the bottom of the crock pot
- Layer 1/2 of the beef on top of the noodles, followed by 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 of the cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the water
- Repeat layers
- Cook on low for 4 hours
Shredded Buffalo “Crack” Chicken
I posted this recipe on my blog last week, it has been an instant hit in my house and is extremely versatile for lunch and dinner. You can check out the recipe here.
My crock pot has been a lifesaver, can’t hurt to try, right?
Like this article? Pin it!