Yippee, Christmas break is almost here! Check out these Friday Finds, because–let’s face it–you’re not getting any work done today.
– Making a dessert for the party? Last Friday, I saw Rachel Ray on Oprah make a Five-Minute Fudge Wreath. It looks easy, so I’m going to try it. Let’s hope my in-laws love it.
– The elves are in Mariemont! If you grew up in Cincinnati, you might remember when Shillito’s downtown (a.k.a Lazurus, a.k.a Macy’s) had the elves workshop. It was by far the coolest holiday display around. I was happy to read in the Enquirer last Sunday that some of the elves are on display at Mariemont Square. Now, we just need to track down the talking reindeer…
– Did you buy someone a gift card? Make sure they use it! According to this article, the National Retail Federation estimates $4.7 billion in gift cards will never be redeemed. Last year the Best Buy Corporation reported $43 million in unused gift card revenue. That’s crazy! If you get an unwanted gift card, check out Gift Card Buy Back or CardAvenue.
– So Jane Jetson didn’t turn out to be the mom of the future. In today’s world she’d be divorced from George, working full-time for Mr. Spacely while trying to balance life at home with Elroy, Judy, and Astro (forget about Rosie the robot). Nevertheless, I still have a special place in my heart for the classic Hanna-Berbera cartoon along with Scooby Doo, The Flintstones… and “Captain Ca-a-a-a-veman… and son.” Sadly, Joseph Barbera passed away on Tuesday. Take a walk down memory lane with these best of Hanna-Barbera cartoon intros.
– Holiday confessions–Have you ever re-gifted one of your child’s presents? Oh yeah, I’m guilty. Check out the BabyCenter® 2006 Holiday Survey to find out how parents answered on everything from holiday spending to keeping up traditions.
– What working moms DON’T want for Xmas (sorry, fellas)–I couldn’t help but post this hilarious SNL short featuring Adam Samburg and Justin Timberlake. Be careful, it’s a catchy tune. I have to stop myself from singing the chorus out loud.
– Can my son have any more stuffed animals? I was trying to “find” something clever I could do with them. My first thought was to recreate Flea’s pants from the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Higher Ground video. If you have any creative “animal-control” tactics, please share.
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286