Cara’s Friday Finds
– Before dancing there was the trapeze. Do you remember Circus of the Stars? I think that’s why I’m sort of a fan of Dancing with the Stars. It takes me back to when B-listers preformed death-defying acts in the ring just for fun. Not for votes.
Susan’s Friday Finds
– This new sitcom actually might be funny. Next Thursday, April 12, watch ABC at 10 p.m. (9 p.m. central) to see the premiere of Notes from the Underbelly. It’s supposed to be “a comic take on life’s greatest adventure—parenthood.” Plus, the always hilarious Rachel Harris co-stars. I love her! FYI, the show is based on Risa Green’s novel (same title). Check out her Mommy Track’d blog for the inside scoop.
– Yet another networking site–but this time, it’s for working moms. I know, I know, you’re on 5,000 different networks from MySpace to Maya’s Mom. Enough, already! you say. But this one’s different, I swear. Work It, Mom! is a brand-spanking-new community just for professional mamas. The site has community, articles, interviews, relevant news articles, and more cool stuff coming soon. Thanks to Self-Made Mom for the tip!
– Do your soul a favor. Give a listen to this new album from one of the best jazz singers in the world, Kurt Elling. (You may recall, I traveled to Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago to hear him sing.) Night Moves is a soulful, sweet, sinfully rich but 100% guilt-free treat for a romantic evening or some quiet “me time.” My favorite song is “A New Body and Soul,” for which he wrote the lyrics after being inspired by the arrival of his 17-month-old baby girl Luiza. Mm mm mm.
Tela’s Friday Finds
– Who knew Alanis Morrissette had a sense of humor? Well, yeah, she did star in You Can’t Do That On Television, but after her angst-ridden girl-power anthems came out I always took her as a pretty serious chicka. Not anymore—check out her take on the Black Eyed Peas “My Humps.” (Thanks to Min-Min for sharing!)
– OK, I can’t find a link to them online, but did you know Meijer makes a store-brand of Gerber’s Puffs? I could only find a few flavors (Sweet Potato, Banana, and Strawberry-Apple), but they considerably cheaper than the Gerber version. And since most of O’s Puffs end up on the floor or in our dog’s mouth, it’s nice to find cheaper alternative.