– Oh Mickey! I always find great sales in the back of the Disney Store in our mall. Especially on clothes. DisneyOutlet.com also has great prices on toys, clothes, and accessories. These adorable girls’ Mickey polos are on sale for $6.99 each! Sign up for email updates and receive weekly promotions and coupon codes.
– And the cradle will rock. Rock your baby to sleep with a lullaby rendition of Metallica’s Master of Puppets. Find other instrumental lullaby renditions of Nirvana, Cold Play, U2, The Cure, and more at BabyRockRecords.com.
– Submit your million-dollar idea. The Today Show is looking for a mama with good business idea. If your idea gets picked, Kim Lavine, author of “Mommy Millionaire” will help you get it to the boardroom.
– Truthiness by the scoop. Ben & Jerry’s, one of the world’s best ice cream makers (I have visited the factory in Vermont not once, but TWICE), has anointed Stephen Colbert of the Colbert Report with his own flavor. According to the B&J website, “Stephen Colbert’s AmeriCone Dream is a decadent melting pot of vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. It’s the sweet taste of liberty in your mouth.” Where can I get a sample?!
– Indulge in some low-guilt chocolate. I just discovered Hershey’s Sticks (which were introduced in 2006 but they’re new to me!) Only 60 calories per stick, and a nice little satisfying taste of real chocolate when you’re craving it. Choose from four delicious varieties–my fave is dark chocolate.
– Network with other cool parents like you online. Job-Mom Charlene Prince Birkeland invited me this week to join Maya’s Mom. It’s a fun social networking site designed for parents, and has a very active base of folks! You can share lots of geeky stuff about yourself (Battlestar Galactica, anyone?), find other people who like the same things you do (I joined the My Other Car is a Battlestar group), and chat it up. Want to join and be my friend? My username is actionjackson03.
3 thoughts on “Friday Finds – February 16, 2007”
I joined Maya’s Mom, too. I’m Wealer11.
See you there!
I joined too. You can find me at NKYGAL.
Thanks so much for letting others know about Maya’s Mom! We really appreciate it.