It’s SUPER Friday!
– Not sure who to root for on Sunday? Should you jump on the Colts bandwagon or the Bears bandwagon? This short NFL quiz can help. It matched me with the Colts. That’s good–I was going to root for them anyway.
– It is hard to say goodbye. I think NFL fans will get a laugh (and a little misty-eyed) from this commercial idea. A guy named Gino won the Super Ad contest. You can watch his ad pitch online. His commerical will air during the big game. I already like it a lot better than the hyped K-Fed Nationwide spot.
– At least one Bengal will appear during the Super Bowl. Hey, fellow Bengals fans, watch for the “Hanging with Chad” spot for the NFL Network. According to the article, the spot features Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson partying with his “friends”… Martha Stewart, David Beckham, Janet Reno, LL Cool J, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, and more. Sounds like a party!
– Okay, enough about football. How about Lost? The show finally returns on Wednesday at a new time, 10 PM. If you need a refresher on what’s still unanswered, check out this Top 50 Lost Loose Ends list. I promise you’ll say, “Oh, yeah… “ at least 50 times.
– “The toothbrush that puts music in your mouth.” Have you seen the new Tooth Tunes brushes for kids? The brush sends music through your kid’s teeth and into their head. Weird. Music by the Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, KISS, Hillary Duff, and more play for two minutes–the minimum time of brushing generally recommended by dentists.
— “Sure honey, we have pickles,” you say as you pull a jar from the depths of your refrigerator. You squint at it–just how old is it, you wonder? At that point, you either throw caution to the wind and serve up the pickles, or you throw them away in fear of wrecking your loved one’s digestive tracks. To avoid potential digestive issues, or wasting food, try the digital DaysAgo monitor. Just slap it on the lid of a jar or container after it’s been opened, and it will count the days for you. This resuable gadget is great for jars of baby food, prepared formula, or refrigerated breastmilk. Find it at http://www.howmanydaysago.com/.
— Think you have a beautiful baby? Don’t we all? Show your beautiful baby off to the world by entering him or her into the Live with Regis and Kelly Beautiful Baby Search.
— Looking forward to spring and some fun t-shirts? Threadless.com and CottonFactory.com both have some really fun, cute shirts. If you’re from Ohio (or even if you’re not), you might appreciate this shirt. Here’s one for old skoo’ Goonies fans.
—Duped into thinking the bride video was real? I had my doubts. Looked too staged to me. Turns out I was right–four actresses and a director put it all together. They discussed it this morning on Good Morning America. One thing was real about the whole thing–the “bride” did really chop her hair.
— Create your own personal radio station. Oh my God, Pandora is freakin’ awesome! You type in one song or one artist, and it automatically generates a playlist of songs that you might like. Listen, skip songs, or directly link to iTunes to buy a song or album. Or just create a new station. You can listen for free if you’re willing to endure some ads, or pay for an ad-free experience.
— Get some ultra-cute new shoes for your sweet pea. I heart Robeez, the soft, leather shoes and booties designed for soft little baby feet. Yes, they’re a bit pricey (especially since baby feet grow so quickly). But they’re sooo adorable, plus it’s really hard for babies to wriggle them off. Check out the new spring designs! I want these for Cassie.
— Indulge a little every day. Sign up for the Just for Moms: Your Daily Indulgence email from iVillage. I’ve been getting it for about a month now, and I’ve gotten some really good ideas. Think of it as a helpful reminder that you need to take care of you, too.
—Tired of reading parenting magazines? I don’t need to read one more chirpy article about how to soothe my baby back to sleep or organize her toys. What about me and my interests?! That’s where BUST comes in. It’s a bimonthly lifestyle magazine for smart, hip, interesting 20- to 30-something women. I’ve been reading it for years, and am always surprised how many women aren’t aware of it. I regularly buy subscriptions as gifts for my friends. Anyway, check it out. I guarantee you will love it!