– Ladies, be a mind-sticker. Who were the ad wizards that came up with this Tab TV commercial from the late 60s/early 70s?!? If only some WMAG’ers were at that brainstorming session, “We’ll give ya a stick to the mind, pal…” WHACK!
– Sports for your preschooler… too early? My 4-year-old starts basketball this Saturday at the YMCA. In case you’re wondering if your child is ready for team sports, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends waiting until age 6. So there, all that guilt I had about not getting him involved in sports earlier was for nothing. I think he’ll still enjoy the Y’s program, though. Their program teaches the kids simple drills and then has a little scrimmage at the end.
– Peg Bundy has a baby without doing any of the “cooking.” Katey Sagal at the age of 52 becomes a mom to a new bundy-of-joy, thanks to a surrogate.
– Does little Billy like to eat from Rover’s dog bowl? This new product won’t help solve that problem. Pegetables dog treats are made to look like real vegetables.
– I’ve (sort of) embraced the fact that my little one likes TV. To ease my guilt, I’m trying to find the most worthwhile programming out there. I recently bought Classical Baby to expose him to the finer things in life. Buy it from Amazon, though! Way cheaper than at any local bookstores. And unlike Baby Einstein, I actually enjoy watching Classical Baby.
– Check out this weird, yet catchy, ditty on YouTube about one of woman’s favorite things–shoes. But don’t click on the link at work and leave your computer with your speakers blaring, as I did. Cara was kind enough to shut it off for me when office unfriendly words started screaming from my speakers.
– Similac is offering you a chance to win a spa retreat with your baby and a friend and her baby. You also can download a coupon for new Similac Organic.
– I didn’t want to get a crib bumper for O for fear of SIDS. I’m a bit of a worrywart. Well, now he’s flipping all around and getting his hands and feet stuck in the slats of the crib. Time for a bumper. Luckily, Pottery Barn is having a huge sale.
2 thoughts on “Friday Finds – Jan. 12, 2007”
Thanks, T! I just bought a super-cute crib bumper for Cassie (who is also getting limbs stuck in the bars) for $40 off the original price.