– Taking the House by Storm. I love my friend, Meaux. And I really love her stories. Here is a picture of what she describes as one of her “favorite cleaning pastimes”–putting everything that’s junking up the place on top of the bed. She also discusses Rachel Ray in a post called, “30 Minute Meals, My Ass!” I think you’ll find humor and appreciation in her trials and tribulations of finding domestic bliss. Visit her at meauxjeaux.blogspot.com.
– Check out the “old-me.” So this is what I’ll look like 50 years from now as a WMAG? Gee, thanks CareerBuilder Age-O-Matic.
– I was surprised that the families of Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby have already appeared on Oprah. But, it did get me thinking about the safety of my children. I found this Talking About Stranger Danger guide to help me talk with my preschooler.
– OK, so if you use the Age-O-Matic, you know what you’d look like if you were older. But what about if you were a delicious candy-covered chocolate? What would you look like then? Find out by creating your own M&M character at PlanetM.
– You know how there are hardly any books or magazines devoted to dads? Well, now there’s one to beef up the selection. The Father Life is a new magazine devoted to “guys in their late 20’s, 30’s, and early 40’s with young kids, families, and careers.” The first issue (launched yesterday) includes Super Bowl snack recipes, a review of Spike Lee’s new movie, a profile of artist Joe Guy Allard, and more. Only weird thing here is the content is available (free of charge) in PDF or Word format–not online. But still, The Father Life is worth passing on to your favorite hard-working dads!
– I’ve always thought girls need more positive, intelligent media (Cosmo Girl just isn’t gonna cut it for Cassie). That’s why I love New Moon Magazine, “for every girl who wants her voice heard and her dreams taken seriously, and for every adult who cares about girls.” I’m looking forward to giving Cassie her first subscription when she’s old enough to read. New Moon is aimed at girls ages 8-14. If you are or know a parent with a daughter in this age range, check it out!
3 thoughts on “Friday Finds – Jan. 19, 2007”
The “Age-O-Matic” is funny!
Thanks for mentioning New Moon, Cara! Right now, we’re asking girls everywhere to write to Congress–yup, Congress! Girls can go to http://www.newmoon.org/congress to find out how. 🙂
Hey, it was Susan that actually found New Moon. She deserves the credit. Good find, Susan!