Sara’s Friday Finds
– I know somebody famous! Remember when I posted in Friday Finds about hanging out with Flight of the Conchords in Edinburgh? Well, I knew they were headed for big things, and now they’re everywhere! They’ve got an HBO show that premieres next weekend. And Conchord Jemaine Clement co-stars in the film Eagle vs. Shark, which opens next week. NPR interviewed him about it yesterday. I’m sure those guys wouldn’t remember me from all of the other half-drunk redheads they met at the Fringe Festival, but I sure do remember them. They’re hilarious, and they deserve their success. Check ’em out!
Cara’s Friday Finds
– Hi-tops are here again. What style of this popular Reebok shoe did you wear in 80s? Mine were black with a white stripe on the shoelaces. In case you never owned a pair, here’s your chance. They’re back for the 25th anniversary.
– Diamonds are a WMAG’s BF… especially when they’re free. The next time my husband wants to visit a national or state park for vacation, I’ll suggest the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. It’s the only diamond-producing site in the country that’s open to the public. If you find a diamond, you keep the diamond! On Tuesday, a young girl found a 2.93-carat diamond along a park road. Kids, grab your shovels… we’re going digging.
– The price is wrong, bitch. I mistakenly posted a couple weeks ago that Bob Barker’s last appearance on the “The Price Is Right” was May 16. Well, his real last taping of the show was this week, and it will air during its normal time on June 15. Sorry for the bad reporting!
– Father’s Day gifts for the WDAG. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 17. Here are some quick gift ideas that are not golf or BBQ-related:
- Martha has a Father’s Day coupon booklet template that you can print and bind. The coupons are good for car washing, grass cutting, and more from the kids.
- Create a collage poster at Snapfish.com featuring family pictures that dad can hang in his office.
- Dad reads like How Tough Can It Be?:The Trials and Errors of a Sportswriter Turned Stay-at-Home-Dad or NPR Driveway Moments for Dads: Radio Stories that Won’t Let You Go audiobook.
- The Dial-an-Excuse Wheel or Personal Library Kit (for dads who lend out CDs to their buddies) from KnockKnock.biz.