Cara’s Friday Finds
– It’s the little things in life… like knowing when you’ll get your next Hottie McPirate fix. Thanks to this countdown, the next Pirates movie trailer is only a few days… hours… and seconds away.
– Did you hear about the mother that went back to work only 5 hours after she gave birth to her first child?
Sara’s Friday Finds
I’d like to introduce everyone to two very funny guys: Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. Together, they are Flight of the Conchords . I met and hung out with them a couple of years ago while in Scotland with friends for the Fringe Festival. One of my pals knew Bret through his role as an elf in the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings films (It’s a long story…). Anyhoo – my husband and I have been following the Conchords’ rise to fame, from appearances on Conan O’Brien to their own HBO special. Just the other day, Hubby found some awesome clips on YouTube. My faves are the “Hiphopapotamus vs. Rhymenoceros” and “Business Time.” But all of these bits are funneh. Check ’em out!
Tela’s Friday Finds
– Think you can name all 50 U.S. states? What about in ten minutes? I found this game strangely addicting. Good luck!
– Find super cute knit clothes, toys, bags and more at blablakids.com. They aren’t a new site, but I don’t know that many people know about them. And they should! Warning : I’ve never actually ordered from them, so I can’t vouch for customer service.
– Be the first to know about new products. And get free stuff. Are you one of those people that loves to discover new stuff and tell your friends about it? I am. That’s one of the reasons I went into journalism in college, and now have a blog. So I was excited to learn about Vocalpoint. It’s a network of women (mostly moms) created by Procter & Gamble to get our opinions about new products, brands, and programs–and spread the word about them to our personal network. Sound like your cup of tea? Learn more and join Vocalpoint here.
– Don’t feel guilty about buying more shoes. Buy them from ShoeBuy.com! Free shipping, no sales tax, and get $10 off your first order! I ordered two pairs of Robeez for Cassie through this site, and paid about 40% less than I would have through other sites. ShoeBuy.com has shoes for you, your hubby, and your kids. Let the shoe-shopping begin.