Cara’s Friday Finds
– Working on the next baby? Maybe you need a procreation vacation. Resorts are now offering this type of special package to couples. Along with romantic pampering, you receive unlimited “fertility helpers”, such as pumpkin soup or raspberry tea. Hmm… I’ll stick with margaritas.
Tela’s Friday Finds
– If you need to find a Starbucks to get that free coffee, simply text your zip code to “MYSBUX”. You’ll get a text back with the nearest Starbucks location and their phone number. A Dunkin’ coffee fan? Try Google. You can find any coffee shop, restaurant or business you want by sending the name and your zip to 46645 (or Googl). Good technology for Moms–great for finding the closest pizza joint on your way home from work. (But don’t text while driving please! Either do it before you leave or pull over.)
– Did you know Daylight Savings Time (DST) starts this Sunday, March 11? Do you know why? Congress passed a bill in 2005 that extends the DST in an attempt to conserve energy. Instead of beginning the first Sunday in April and ending the last Sunday in October, DST now begins the second Sunday in March and ends the first Sunday in November. Don’t they know how much we working moms need that extra hour of sleep? Just one more way the government is keeping working moms down!
– My son loves tags. Loves to touch them, loves to eat them. He zeros in on the tags of stuffed animals, clothing, and blankets from miles away–reaching and grabbing for the elusive satiny slips of cloth. So how excited was I when I found out about Taggies? Pretty excited. I plan to go out this weekend and grab a few toys, maybe even a blanket. Of course as soon as I buy these toys, his fascination will surely subside, but even if they entertain him for a few days, I’m happy.
After spending the past week swinging from blog to blog for the Ultimate Blog Party, I’ve discovered some keepers:
- Career and Kids – Connecting working parents with their family
- PT-LawMom – Random thoughts about life, law school, immigration, motherhood and marriage from a woman juggling a full-time job, part-time law school, a toddler and a husband.
- Crunchy Carpets – “Clean socks are a privilege, not a right.”
- Temporarily Me – A construction WMAG in Canada blogging her heart out.
- BagMomma – A good purse is essential to conquering motherhood.
5 thoughts on “Friday Finds – March 9, 2007”
So glad you like my blog, ladies. Thanks for the shout-out. I am also enjoying some of the others you posted. Your blog is definitely one of my favorites – thanks for helping working moms feel like they can do it all without excuses. 🙂
Hey thanks for dropping by..will do some link love for sure!
I absolutely love that tag blanket. I wish I would have thought of something like that.
The best ideas are often the simplest. Great find.
I just wanted to come here and say – THANKS for the prize I won. I am a working mom too – I work from home. I don’t know how y’all do it. God bless you.
Tela – zoe loves the tags on her blankets. I was thinking about making her a tag blanket for her birthday. But I have no time! I’ve also seen some handmade tag blankets at Once Upon a Child. New ones, not used.