Cara’s Friday Finds
– Save your money. According to this review of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, Johnny Depp is only in half of the movie. Well, that’s a bummer. However, you can make up that hour by slowly perusing Johnny Depp photos from the movie premiere found here.
– Love Lost? I’m sad that my favorite TV show has ended for the season. But, if you’re a fan of Lost like me, you’ll get a laugh at this hilarious recap of Season 3.
– Missing ingredients? There’s nothing like being in the middle of a recipe when you realize you’re missing an ingredient. Finally, I found a resource for looking up substitutes. Check out Switcheroo.com for all your cooking and baking conundrums.
Susan’s Friday Finds
– Are you a mother of invention? Whirlpool might reward your cool idea with a $20,000 grant to make your invention a reality. Not to mention a shiny new washer and dryer—and a home office! Runners up do pretty well, too (two $7,000 first prize grants and two $5,000 second prize grants).
– Momz in the Hood. For their new In the MotherHood project, Suave and Sprint asked moms to help collectively create an original web-based sitcom. The series stars Leah Remini of The King of Queens. What I’ve seen so far is actually not bad. Better than a lot of crappy sitcoms I’ve seen on the TV! New episodes are coming, so keep checking.
– Hey little girl, want some Braincandy? I just discovered a new alternative to Baby Einstein while reading this Work It, Mom! interview with Sam Reich-Dagnen. She’s the co-founder of Braincandy, a company that produces digital products, including DVDs, to help kids learn, play and explore the world around them. Based on the website, they look really cool and fun. I’m definitely going to try one with Cassie and see how she likes it.