Loyal WMAG readers may remember this post, where I described camping out to get my daughter into preschool. I spent a whole afternoon and night in the freezing rain, only to be told I would get a letter notifying me whether my child had made the cut.
A month and a half later, I still had no letter. I started looking at backup schools, and was amazed to find that they, too, were difficult to get into. My husband and I were looking at having to camp out yet again when I decided to call my school of choice one more time. Boy was I glad I did. The admissions rep told me our letter was in the mail. My daughter is in!
I almost cried right there on the phone. Not just because I was relieved, but also because… wow! My little girl is getting ready to go to school!