From television to Pinterest, I have seen these “30 before 30” lists everywhere. I like to think of myself as a goal-oriented gal, so I decided to make my own list. I’m giving myself plenty of time to accomplish these tasks, as I don’t turn 30 for another 3.5 years. I tried to choose tasks that were attainable; every so often I will post an update about my progress.
My 30 before 30 list
- Have another baby!
- Attend /participate in an organized rally or protest for a cause/organization I believe in
- Learn the basics of web-development (I want to start my own website!)
- Make (and perfect) bread pudding
- Get paid to write something
- Help a stranger
- Put my idea for a children’s book down on paper
- Learn how to sew a button on a piece of clothing
- Refinish a piece of furniture
- Climb a tree
- Send a handwritten letter to someone I care about
- Grow my hair out to my shoulders
- Learn to walk in high-heels (picture a t-rex in heels..that is me)
- Take a pottery-class
- Go camping with my hubs and toddler
- Visit a different country
- Buy a pencil skirt, and get it tailored to fit me (Being 5’2 and having hips, you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find a skirt that fits well!)
- Cut out alcohol for 30 days
- Learn 20-30 yoga poses, so I can do them anywhere
- Host a fancy dinner party
- Visit a winery (not during my 30 days of sobriety, of course..)
- Pay off our two credit cards
- Buy our first home
- Learn a few conversational Spanish phrases
- Learn to play tennis
- Read 30 books
- Learn to get up in the morning without hitting the snooze button
- Buy more clothes second-hand
- Travel to a city in the Midwest
- I do re-do! The first time around, Chad and I were uber stressed about our wedding (financing it, and planning it while I was still in college); I was also suffering from a pretty significant eating disorder at the time. We want to re-new our vows, and have fun this time!
OK, it’s your turn. What’s on your 30 before 30 list?
2 thoughts on “Jumping on the 30 Before 30 Bandwagon”
I can totally help you with the bread pudding bit. I’ve got the secrets for it!!! Also, consider your ‘I do redo’ wedding cake already paid for and scheduled…there’s one big financial bit of the wedding taken care of!!! <3
Candace, you are the best! I <3 you!