I love this dessert idea from KraftFoods.com. This Layered Pudding and Fruit Dessert makes a kitchen klutz look like a regular Martha Stewart. I’ve made this dessert three times this summer and have received so many compliments. Honestly, it’s the glass bowl that really makes it look impressive.
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can make it four different ways:
- Chocolate pudding with Oreos and cherry pie filling (pictured)
- Vanilla pudding with ginger snaps and mandarin oranges
- Banana cream pudding with shortbread cookies and sliced bananas
- Vanilla pudding with vanilla wafers and apple pie filling
The only other ingredients are:
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) thawed Cool Whip (I usually buy an extra tub for the topping)
The directions are simple:
PREPARE 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Instant Pudding & Pie Filling with the milk as directed on package for pudding. Gently stir in whipped topping.
ARRANGE half of the cookies in bottom of 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over cookies. Layer with remaining cookies and pudding mixture. Top with fruit.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Give this recipe a try. It’s incredibly easy and delicious!