Friends are good for belly laughs, honest advice, genuine sympathy, and good ol’ sanity. Even with a baby and a job, you need to maintain some semblance of a social life. How, you ask?
- Weekday lunches with friends. These take the place of after-work cocktails (though I plan to do those again someday!)
- Weekend playdates with friends who also have babies. This way, our kids can learn to socialize while we catch up.
- Phone calls on the way to or from work. Yes, I know talking while driving can be dangerous! I only do it when the drive is easy (like on the interstate when it’s not rush hour).
- Invite friends over for dinner. No babysitter required, and once we put Cassie to bed, it’s just like old times!
- Hit the mall or park. Cassie enjoys the view from the stroller while my friend and I chat it up (and/or shop).
- Phone calls and emails during nap time. Sometimes, instead of doing chores around the house, I reconnect with friends while my girl snoozes.
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286