Welcome to Working Moms Against Guilt. Whether you’re an experienced mom currently in the workforce, a new working mom expecting your first child and wondering how you’ll handle the whole “working mom thing,” a stay-at-home-mom who’s thinking about going back to work, or just a cool cat who wants to support working moms … we’re glad you’re here.
Along with three of my friends and coworkers, I cofounded this community just a few short months after my first maternity leave. Now, my first child is 9 years old and we added a second child to our family (he’s 6). Since 2006, both my kids and this site have grown significantly.
Because you’re new, let me share some of my favorite resources and links to help you get started.
Start here: Reading
These Working Moms Against Guilt articles have been some of our most popular with readers in recent months. Lots of working-mom wisdom and practical tips to be gained here.
- Returning to Work After Maternity Leave: Returning to work after maternity leave is a difficult and emotional challenge. Here are some tips for navigating back into the working world after a baby.
- Baby Steps Back to Work: Certified life coach Heather Carpenter Stegal shares her guide for maternity leave and how moms can successfully transition back to work.
- Time Management Tips for Working Moms: Find tips on how to manage your time better as a busy working mom.
- Clutter: Fantasies and Realities: Did you know that clearing clutter can actually improve your well-being? Check out these 5 clutter-busting tips to help you keep chaos away.
- Stereotypical Second Time Mom: What a difference a previous pregnancy makes—the humor and truth of being a second time mom.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan: Make this easy chicken parmesan with items you probably already have in your pantry. You’ll love this dish because it looks impressive but it’s super-easy.
- Crock Pot Meals for the Working Mom: These tried-and-true crock pot meals please the pickiest eaters and take very little prep time.
- One Pan Spicy Sausage Pasta: This spicy sausage pasta recipe combines lots of things my kids like: cheese, pasta, creamy sauce and, of course, smoked sausage. All in one skillet!
- Pets and Babies: The Inevitable Priority Shift: Before you become a parent, your pets ARE your babies. But after, pets and babies always bring about a change in loyalties. How do you make room for both?
- Excuses, Excuses: A Working Mom’s Case Against the Gym: Before you judge a working mom for claiming she doesn’t have time for the gym, take a look at life from her perspective.
Start here: Resources
Looking for other working mom blogs or podcasts to check out? Want recommendations on the best books and magazines for working moms? We’ve rounded up our absolute faves to share with you.
- Top Blogs for Working Moms
- Best Books for Working Moms (and Magazines, Too!)
- Top Podcasts for Working Moms
- Mom Friendly Employers and Organizations
Start here: Be our VIP
If WMAG seems like your cup of tea, get on our VIP list right now. Your instant gratification comes in the form of our FREE ebook, 99 Simple Ways to Make Life Better Now. It’s a collection of savvy advice from WMAG contributors on getting the most out of your life—at work, in love and at play.
You’ll also get our VIP newsletter once a week, packed with working mom goodness and inspiration.
Start here: Social
Of course, we’d love to have you like/follow WMAG on your preferred social platforms:
- Follow us on Pinterest.
- Follow us on Twitter at @wmagblog.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on LinkedIn.
Thank you so much for stopping by Working Moms Against Guilt. I hope you’ll come back often—and tell your friends. 😉
Susan Wenner Jackson, cofounder and editorial director
11 thoughts on “New? Start Here”
My name is Lisa Zakar. I am the owner/founder of Lisa Rose Doll House and Tea Room, a party business focused on Princess Parties and Children’s Etiquette, in Honolulu, Hawaii for the past 20 years. I had a job in retail management years ago, but when my kids were young, I needed something with more flexibility, so I completely appreciate the valuable service your site brings to working mothers.
Over the years many mothers asked me how to launch a similar business, so I created The Ultimate Course, a very thorough online coaching program teaching women how to plan, operate and market their own party business, which can be run 3 days a week. Maximum flexibility!
I am wondering if there are advertising and promotional opportunities with your publications and podcasts to help spread the word about The Ultimate Course?
If you have a moment, please visit visit https://www.PrincessTeaPartyBusiness.com.
Your reply will much appreciated.
Does your organization share information about the judicial system and children?
Thanks for post!
Having owned my own business for a long time, I began to understand that there is no need to take on all the multifunctional tasks of the company. Since customer service teams are responsible for both acquiring new customers and retaining old ones (such as the marketing department), the company should not underestimate the role of these people. Thus, it is very important to know the reasonable cost of customer service and how to reduce it. If you need specialized help, you can feel free to contact https://wow24-7.io/blog/cost-saving-customer-support . They will help your business calculate and minimize customer service costs. I can advise them on personal experience and cooperation with their team.
I like this post. I think, You should read digital marketing manager related article. Its very popular
I like this type of post and work. But I am thinking to buy a canon camera from playstation 5 amazon https://grimolo.com/product/canon-eos-250d-rebel-sl3-digital-slr-camera-24-1mp-cmos-sensor-with-ef-s-18-55mm-zoom-lens-sandisk-64gb-card-tripod-case-megaaccessory-bundle-21pc-bundle/. I will buy a canon camera this type features
This Canon EOS 250D is an ultra-compact digital SLR that features a 24MP APS-C-sized CMOS sensor, DIGIC 8 processor and Dual Pixel autofocus system. The main differences between the SL3 and SL2 is the addition of Eye AF during live view, an even smaller and lighter body, and 4K video. While its Dual Pixel AF system promises very good live view and video performance, the through-the-viewfinder AF system is aging. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios
Your blog is interesting and knowledgeable for many of us. It’s very great that you cofounded this community just a few short months after your first maternity leave. I think your community doing a great job and will help many mother’s. Because you are helping other’s I also want to share about a blog that helps to understand important features of sociological questions examples and here are some examples Important Features of Sociology Questions, Feminism at its peak; can a woman be feminine and believe in feminism? Etc.
I am so amazed to know that where did you find all such kind of lovely sculptures from ancient days as I have read on ultius.com reviews . They really very rare collection and seems like Egyptian.
hey really very rare collection https://cvwritingservicesuk.com seems like Eg
This article is important for now. Now another phase should be seen, the benefit of which will be given to our future generations. These days, a lot of students are constantly looking for internet services. I believe online essay writing service to study in USA will be ideal for you. Visit https://book512.com/ to review all the information. It will work great for you, no doubt about it.