Post By RelatedRelated Post
With everything my family has going on, it’s hard to keep track of who’s doing what, where, and when.
That’s why I started making a printable editable monthly calendar, posting it prominently in our “mission control” center in the kitchen. This simple one-page family calendar serves as a central hub where we can all see what’s coming up at a glance.
It’s been so helpful that I wanted to create a version other moms can use to tame their own calendar chaos.
This interactive version allows you to:
- Type your own events right into the PDF
- Save and update your printable editable monthly calendar
- Print and post your customized calendar
Get free downloadable calendar
Want a free PDF to start creating your family’s monthly calendars? Click the button below.
Printable editable monthly calendar: Do’s and don’ts
- I don’t include every event for each family member on this calendar.
- I do add items that affect the kids (who don’t yet have their own personal calendars), such as dentist appointments, guitar lessons, special school events, etc.
- As for my husband and me, I leave out work meetings and our personal appointments that occur during school hours. We have our own calendar apps for those.
- I do show things like when Dad’s out of town for a work trip or Mom has a coffee with her friends on a Sunday afternoon.
- I try to update and print the month’s calendar on the 1st day of each month.
- When major things change (events get added or cancelled) during the month, I occasionally will update the PDF and print a new copy. Or I might just write in and cross out by hand.
- I purposely left the calendar pretty basic, so you can add any holidays or birthdays that matter to your family.
- Feel free to have your kids help decorate the calendar with stickers, pictures, etc. if you want.