A few thoughts and observations from my first day of my first BlogHer conference, where sisters are bloggin’ it for themselves:
- Damn, there’s a lot of women (including mommy) bloggers here. Around 800. I think I’ve met at least 400 already!
- The W Hotel I’m staying at is super-swank. Way nicer than my usual hotel fare.
- I feel like I’m jamming about 50 platonic blind dates into one weekend. I’ve met some of my favorite bloggers face-to-face, and it’s so cool in a weird Internet-y way.
- It’s nice to just be on my own for a while. I haven’t been out of town for more than a day since Cassie was born. I miss her like crazy, but I also like doing my own thing, kickin’ it old-school Susan.
- There are a lot of PR and marketing people who want to get in this blog—and blogs like it. I’ve snagged lots of freebies to share with Tela, Cara, and Sara.
- I have enough Friday Finds stored up for many weeks to come!
- Chicago: What a cool town. I’ve missed it since my grad school days.
OK, one blissful night of uninterrupted sleep in a soft, cushy hotel bed awaits. I must heed the call.