Working moms can make this mouthwatering Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe in minutes and still provide a tasty, hearty meal that smells amazing when you walk in the door after a long day’s work.
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Pam Beattie, who crafts timeless pieces that unite a blend of shabby chic, French, boho, eco-friendly and refined glamour in her hand-crafted, family heirloom preservation company, Venetian Décor.
5 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe”
Looks great – I see mushrooms in the photo – when do you add those?
Thanks! Mushrooms can go in with the carrots. If you like ’em.
What kind of potatoes did you use?