Is there anything more satisfying than coming home to a simmering pot of turkey chili after a busy day at work and school? This crockpot recipe is even made with ground turkey. That means a little less “saturated fat guilt” that you have with ground beef — and more chili goodness to love.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cans navy beans, drained
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 cup white wine
- Vegetable broth – start with 1 quart. Add more if necessary.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste – optional if spicy chili is desired.
- Saute turkey, onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Put into a crock pot with all of the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cook turkey chili on low for 6 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Pam Beattie, a working mom of three who crafts timeless pieces that unite a blend of shabby chic, French, boho, eco-friendly and refined glamour in her hand-crafted, family heirloom preservation company, Venetian Décor.
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286