Fall is my favorite time of the year and the easiest cooking season there is for a working mom. I use my Crock-Pot for everything. I make one batch of a recipe and have enough for one or more dinners plus lunches. My absolute favorite is an easy crock pot chili recipe I modified that is also Weight Watchers-friendly. Depending on the type of meat you use, a bowl of this chili is between 5 and 6 Weight Watchers Points.
I make a big batch of my easy crock pot chili on Sunday night and have enough to last for the whole week as a staple in my lunch or two dinners for the family.
Ingredients for Easy Crock Pot Chili
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (I use 93% lean organic beef)
- 2 cans of dark kidney beans (I use no salt added)
- 2 cans fire roasted, diced tomatoes (I use no salt added)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Preheat a pan on medium heat with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Chop red and green peppers and sweet onion, place in preheated pan, set aside and let cook until tender.
- Brown meat, add 1/2 cup of water and add chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, table salt and black pepper, stir for 4 minutes.
- Add all cooked ingredients to crock pot followed by the cans of dark kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Frank’s Hot Sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
My Crock-Pot is my favorite kitchen gadget and really does save a working mom a lot of time. If you like this Easy Crock Pot Chili recipe, check out a few more of my favorite slow-cooker recipes for fall and winter:
- Easy Crock Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Lasagna
- Working Moms Against Guilt’s Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286