Lately, my little one has become quite the helpful little lady. She wants to help clean the house, she wants to help wash the car, and she wants to help me cook. I’ve started letting her do small things like pour water and stir when we make lemonade from concentrate, or mix the cheese sauce into her mac and cheese. It’s good for children to do things independently, leading to positive development and less work for you!
But she’s getting old enough to do more, so I went looking for some fun kid friendly recipes she could make. I found the Easy Kids Recipes website, created by Clarissa, the “mom chef.” I can’t wait to try some of these dishes with my daughter—she’ll love the Grilled Bullseye or the Chinese Chicken Wings.
Take a look and see if you can’t find a couple of recipes to whip up with your little one.
More kid friendly recipes and ideas
- 4 Better-for-You Recipes to Make Your Family Go “Yum”: Had enough “whine” with your dinner? Check out these four healthy recipes for kids that will please picky palates and nourish their growing bodies, too.
- Cooking with Kids: Free printable chart with ideas for cooking with kids, including everyday kitchen tasks and the corresponding skills they’re learning by age.
- Weekend Breakfast Idea: Waffle Tacos (Cincinnati Style): Enjoy a fun breakfast with the fam this weekend and cook up these easy, yummy Waffle Tacos, with Cincinnati favorites like goetta and Skyline Chili cheese.
- The Kids Cook Monday!: This initiative encourages families to set aside the first night of every week for cooking and eating together as a family. Discover kid friendly recipes and videos along with a free starter family dinner toolkit.
- 16 Healthy Kid-Friendly Recipes: From banana muffins to dinner recipes, you’ll find wholesome, kid-friendly recipes from Cookie + Kate.
- Eat Smart: Get tips, recipes and activities from this PBS Kids site to help your child establish healthy eating habits.