Happy Fourth of July, everybody! Susan passed along this yummy idea and recipe from Hungry Jack.
This Fourth of July, declare your independence and pledge to prepare pancakes! Flapjacks, hotcakes, griddlecakes, silver dollars—whatever you call them, pancakes are an American tradition. Especially on holiday mornings when family, friends, neighbors and even whole towns join together for a pancake breakfast.
Pull our your griddle and give your breakfast some festive red, white and blue with this fun pancake parfait recipe. It’s easy enough for the kids to help, but the presentation will impress even your toughest critic.
Stars & Stripes Breakfast Parfait
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Hungry Jack® Microwave Ready Regular Syrup
- 1 1/4 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- Dash cinnamon
- Flag and fireworks party picks
- 2-1/4-inch star aluminum cookie cutter, optional
- 2-inch pieces red string licorice, optional
- HEAT skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375 F. Spray with no-stick spray.
- COMBINE pancake mix and water in medium bowl stirring just until large lumps disappear. Spoon 1 teaspoon batter onto hot griddle, cooking 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Make 24 mini-pancakes. Spray inside of star cookie cutter with no-stick spray. Place on hot skillet. Fill with 1 tablespoon batter cooking for 2 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove cookie cutter; it will be hot. Turn star pancake. Cook until golden brown. Make 4 stars.
- MIX blueberries with 1 teaspoon maple flavored syrup in a small bowl. Repeat with strawberries in a separate bowl. Whisk cinnamon into whipped topping. Place into corner of a resealable bag. Cut off small corner from bag. Layer 3 mini-pancakes in base of each parfait glass, layer with 1/4 cup of a fruit and whipped cream. Repeat. Decorate each parfait as you desire. Serve immediately.
- FIRECRACKER PARFAIT: Top off parfait with whipped topping and place a 2-inch piece of red string licorice in center.