Whoops! Is it Tuesday already? Tasty Tuesday is almost over and I’m just NOW getting around to posting. Sorry, folks. I’m in Kansas visiting my parents, and I plum forgot!
Speaking of plums, did you know that June is National Fruit and Vegetable month?
In honor of that, the good people at FruitaBü, makers of organic smooshed fruit snacks, passed along some great recipes to help youngsters get those vital, fruity nutrients. (You can check out our review of FruitaBü here!)
Try these smoooshy, fruity ideas with your little ones today!
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 2 oranges, peeled and separated
- 2 yellow apples, cored and sliced – skin on
- 3 kiwi, skinned and sliced thickly
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 1 small bunch purple grapes, washed
- 10 to 12 wooden skewers (with dull ends)
- *note – above fruits may be substituted with other favorites
On each skewer, add one of each type of fruit, adding fruits in the order of the colors of the rainbow. Serves 5 to 6
- 1 box Graham crackers
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt (fruit yogurt also tastes great!)
- 8 FruitaBü (flavors of choice)
1. Put 4 Graham crackers each in a Ziplock bag and crush crackers by pounding. Set aside.
2. Cut the FruitaBü into small pieces.
3. In 4 large tall clear cups, layer a thin spread of each the ingredients to make a pattern in the following order and repeat until cup is full: Graham cracker crumbs, Vanilla yogurt, FruitaBü
Funky FruitaBü Recipes
- Freeze FruitaBü Sploooshers and lick like a Popsicle for a dessert or summer snack.
- Use a plastic knife and cut into small pieces and sprinkle on top of oatmeal.
- Use small cookie cutters to press shapes out of FruitaBü.
- Make FruitaBü pizza – use a Graham cracker as the crust, spread a thin layer of organic vanilla yogurt on the cookie and top with small pieces of FruitaBü.
- Make a fruit salad and mix in pieces of FruitaBü.
- Cut FruitaBü into small pieces and add to a green salad for a sweet and flavorful touch.