Thanks so much to everybody who wrote and commented with recipes and meal ideas last week. I truly had run out of inspiration, and you got me excited again! Over the next several weeks, I’d like to post some of those ideas and dishes, if that’s cool with you.
The first one comes from Samantha, who whips up Quick Chicken Tostadas when her schedule gets tight. She reports that they take about 15 minutes to make and that her daughter loves them because she gets to add her own toppings. Here’s the recipe. Thanks, Samantha!
Quick Chicken Tostadas
- 1 – Box Perdue Chicken Selects (Fajita flavor)
- 1 – Can fat-free refried beans
- 1 – bag/box tostada shells or tortillas
- 1 – bag lettuce shreds
- 2 – tomatoes diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 – bag shredded cheese
- 1 – low-fat sour cream
- 1 – jar favorite salsa
1. Spread 1-2 tbsp refried beans on tortilla/tostada shell
2. Put a few pieces of the Chicken selects on top
3. Sprinkle with cheese
4. Put under broiler for a few mins (until heated and cheese melted)
5. Put lettuce, tomato, onion on top.
6. Small dollop of sour cream
7. Serve with salsa