For working moms who would rather fake it than make it… You’ll enjoy this recipe Cara found in Real Simple magazine. Here’s Cara:
This weekend as I rushed through the grocery store, I caught a tempting whiff of the deli’s rotisserie chicken. Instantly, I remembered this “Fake It, Don’t Make It” Chicken Curry in a Hurry recipe from Real Simple.
So I grabbed the chicken, but couldn’t remember all the other ingredients. I ended up buying sour cream instead of heavy cream. And I also forgot the cilantro. But, to my surprise, the sour cream substituted just fine and we didn’t really need the cilantro. It was delicious! I can’t wait to try it again with the right ingredients.
Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (I used just a little less of sour cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Slice or shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Divide the rice (if using) and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
Yield: Makes 4 to 8 servings