All righty, folks. I’ve got a recipe that may sound sort of yuck, but tastes really yum. It’s a dish I remembered my mom whipping up, and I gave it a try last night. It’s a staple from the leftovers/comfort food 101 school: I’m talkin’ salmon patties.
Here’s what I had. Mashed potatoes. Lots of ’em. Sunday night, I did a big dinner with chicken cordon bleu (which, actually, is easy to make, too – I’ll post that recipe another week), veggies, and mashed new potatoes.
Monday, after working a full day (and then fighting with the bank over why they hadn’t cashed a big check yet and were threatening me with overdrafts when, in reality, THEY HAD PLENTY OF MY MONEY… grrrr…) I needed to make something fast. I remembered I had a can of salmon in the pantry. Don’t ask why, but hubby bought it. And then I remembered my mom creating yummy salmon patties with salmon and mashed potatoes. I got online, and I found a recipe. I’ve modified it a bit here:
- One can of salmon
- Leftover mashed potatoes
- Chopped onion
- One to two eggs
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Thousand Island dressing
- Mix the salmon and mashed potatoes together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped onion.
- Beat eggs. (Use just one at first, and add the second if you need it. I used too many, and the mixture got a little too soft.)
- Add bread crumbs to thicken if you use too many eggs.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Coat patties with flour.
- Fry in butter until golden brown.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing.
There you have it! My daughter thought the patties were “chicky” and ate them right up. Yum!
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286