Summer is the season for casual cookouts, backyard BBQs, and happy hours. If you don’t have time to whip up some fancy-schmancy appetizer to bring (and I know you don’t), you absolutely can’t go wrong with this quick-to-prepare, delicious guacamole dip and chips.
Our coworker Jen D. often makes this recipe for work functions, and it’s always a hit! Thanks for sharing, Jen.
Jen D.’s Killer Guacamole Dip
- 3 avocadoes (make sure they’re ripe! It’s all in the ripeness.)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- half a red onion, diced
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced
- juice of 2-3 limes (depending on how juicy they are. Start with two. Add more juice as needed.)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- black olive slices (optional)
- Slice avocado and smash in bowl with a spoon.
- Stir in tomato, onion, and pepper.
- Add juice of two limes and taste. Add more lime juice as needed.
- Add salt and pepper.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Oh, and don’t expect any leftovers.