One of my favorite cold-weather comfort foods is beef stroganoff. It’s hearty and yummy, and it sticks to your bones. Here’s my mom’s recipe. Try it one of these blustery fall nights with some roasted brussels sprouts. Yum!
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Round steak, cut into strips, or good old ground beef for more of a hamburger texture
- One medium onion cut into longer pieces (Omit if you don’t like onions – it’s no big whoop)
- One clove of garlic
- One can of mushrooms, drained
- One to two cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice or egg noodles, whichever you prefer
- In a deep frying pan, brown beef and set aside
- In the same pan, sautee onions and garlic in olive oil or a bit of the reserved beef fat
- Add beef again, and pour soup over the mixture. If one can doesn’t seem enough, add another.
- If soup seems too thick, add a tiny bit of milk but just a TINY bit. The sour cream at the finish will thin the mixture considerably.
- Pour in mushrooms
- Add salt and pepper
- While the soup mixture heats and bubbles, cook the rice or noodles
- Just before serving, add a dollop or two of sour cream to the soup mixture. Blend until it’s nice and creamy.
- Serve the stroganoff over the rice or noodles
Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/susanwen/public_html/workingmomsagainstguilt.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286