I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving! I sure did. My parents came to visit and we all made a big turkey feast together. I was in charge of the mashed potatoes and got, shall we say, a little overzealous. Hubby had bought a five pound bag, and I decided to cook up the entire thing. (Hey, I’m bad at math – calculating servings is way beyond me.) So, in addition to all the leftover turkey, we had leftover potatoes. A LOT of leftover potatoes.
You know what they say: When life gives you extra mashed potatoes, just make potato soup. And that’s just what Mom and I did. If you’ve got some extras in your fridge, here’s what to do.
Easy Potato Soup
- Leftover mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese, if desired
- In a large sauce pan, chop onions and celery and sautee in butter until tender
- Add mashed potatoes
- Pour in milk until the potatoes take on a soupy consistency
- Warm over medium low heat until heated through
- Sprinkle in cheese so that it melts
- Serve with crackers and/or sprinkle a little bacon over the top
How about you? Do you have any good recipes that can help fellow WMAGs use up those holiday leftovers? Do share!