I hope everybody had a lovely Labor Day! Ours, of course, included a cookout. Now that the summer is winding down, I’m really going to miss those yummy fresh salads.
Of course, you can make them any time of year, but they always seem to taste the best when you eat them on your back patio with friends and family as a side dish to something made on the grill.
So in honor of summer’s end, I made this delicious salad from a recipe I got from my neighbor. The best thing about it is how unexpected it is. Raisins and bacon? Yes!! Try it and see!
- 3-4 heads worth of broccoli florets (separate the florets so you have smaller pieces)
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 8-10 strips of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine broccoli, onion, bacon and raisins in a big salad bowl
- Combine mayo, vinegar and sugar
- Toss broccoli mixture with the dressing
- Chill and serve
- For added color, shred in some carrots or cheese
2 thoughts on “Broccoli Salad”
That’s Cool Sara! I’m always running out of ideas on what to do with broccoli. I read this really good one on corn yesterday on the food network blog. You can check it out at http://blogs.foodnetwork.com/food/feedingfrenzy/
I post some of my family recipes or easy meals for babies from to time. Would love to know what you think.
My daughter is the same way. I have to move away or look dipnvsropiag, THEN the fun starts. makes me laugh and we love the HSM music at our house too!