Cara mentioned to me today that WMAG’s been a bit Debbie Downer “wah-wah” on working lately. But we’re against guilt, not work. Work is good. Work keeps us and our kin fed, clothed, housed, etc.
So I’m going to list a few of my favorite things about work and working:
- Belting out Journey tunes (among others) during my commute to and from work.
- Going out to lunch downtown with friends. So stop scheduling meetings at lunch, account people.
- Chatting with a variety of funny, smart, interesting people with different perspectives on the world. Even one from South Africa! He’s very interesting.
- The panoramic view from my desk of the Ohio River. (“Look, guys, a barge!”) Oh, and the Bengals stadium. (“Look, there’s that guy cleaning all the seats again! I bet that takes a long time.”)
- Brainstorming ideas for consumer packaged goods’ brands’ websites and banner ads. How do you get people excited about digestive products and floss online? Talk about a creative challenge. My brain is in a near-constant state of storms.
- Writing for a living. It’s what I’m good at, and I like it. Especially when it’s writing about poop.
- Getting paid every two weeks. Money is nice and it pays my bills.
OK, that’s a good start. Now it’s your turn. What do you like about work? Do tell—comment away!