Trying to think of the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite working mom? Or have you been too busy to make a list for yourselves, ladies?
Lucky for you, I made this list—with the help of fellow working moms—and checked it twice. Now it’s time for you to be nice. Show the working mom in your life how much she’s appreciated! (Moms: Feel free to forward this link to your partners, parents, etc.)
- Homemade meal-prep service, such as Dream Dinners
- Babysitting for a day of shopping, ladies’ night out, or even an overnight trip/break
- Day spa gift certificate (see Spa Finder or check your local listings)
- One-year subscription to Working Mother magazine
- Personal chef—for a day, a week, or longer!
- Satellite radio for those long commutes
- Concierge services (grocery shopping, errands, housesitting, coordinating maid service, etc.)
- Housecleaning service
- Remote car starter
- Gift certificate to her favorite clothing store (non-mom-ish clothes, only)
- Subscription to Netflix for unlimited movie rentals
- Starbucks gift card for coffee and goodies on the go
- Mobile device accessories
- Robotic vacuum or mop
- The perfect purse
- Jewelry commemorating the mother/child relationship
- A peaceful retreat from the chaos—whether that’s a day with the house to herself, or a week at a luxurious resort.
As a special bonus, here’s another wish list—not necessarily realistic (or even possible!), but dream-worthy gifts nonetheless:
- Ability to expand and contract the space/time continuum to fit mom’s needs
- Electric sex
- To be magically skinny again
- Kids who don’t fight
- A cool new car
- Bigger, nicer house
- A 100% raise (or at least more than the cost-of-living increase!)
Do you have suggestions to add to either of these lists? Post them in the comments section. Meantime, I’ll update as I discover more of what working moms want for Christmas.