I was tagged last week by Justice Fergie of MamaLaw to offer up 5 reasons why I blog. I can’t back down from a challenge! So even though I am usually not one to blog about blogging, I’ll break my general rule. It’s for Fergie.
- I want to help other working moms like me know they’re not alone in their struggles. And maybe help them improve their own lives in some small way.
- It’s fun to share cool stuff I’ve discovered with people all over the country/world.
- I love hearing what other WMAGs have to say about topics that interest us. It’s a great conversation I’d never have otherwise.
- I learn a lot from doing this blog–some things that help me at my job, others that help me in my personal life. Learning rules! (I know, I’m a dork.)
- It is my small act of chipping away at working-mom guilt, one post at a time.
Now I’m supposed to tag three more people. So I choo-choo-choose you, Amie at 4Benders, Mommy Dearest at Brodh20, and Kathy at Working Mothers. It’s your turn to write a post about 5 reasons why you blog (and tag three more people, of course). I’d also love for my fellow WMAGers to chime in! Whaddya say, Tela, Cara, and Sara?
8 thoughts on “Why the Heck Do I Blog?”
I’m on it!!
You know, blogging is becoming such a commonplace thing in my little world, that I almost feel like it’s a “must-do.” If you’re a writer or at all social and you have something to say, you gotta blog. It’s a great way to keep up with friends, to make new ones, and to stay connected with the things that interest me. I’ve been blogging for awhile now, and I’ve learned and gained a ton through doing it.
I wasn’t tagged directly, but I liked this meme so I stole it and put my answers on my own blog. I hope no one minds. :o)
Why do I blog? Because it’s fun, it’s a creative outlet that lets me write want I want to write, and I love sharing cool, fun finds or must-have deals with mommy-friends.
Alright! I will blog about my blogging… do I need to tag someone?
Great reading, and, thanks for some of the new (to me) links!
Those are great reasons! I love the last reason especially! Somehow the guilt feels lighter when we all carry it together!